Table of Contents
“ Online education is like a rising tide, it’s going to lift all boats.” – Anant Agarwal, Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Online education is the future!
The global EdTech market will reach $404 billion by 2025 and is growing rapidly at 16.3% annually. This accelerated growth rate depicts that the world is moving towards online education, leaving behind the traditional model of yesteryears.
With the COVID-19 pandemic creating havoc globally, it became imperative to transition towards digital education with an online examination system. With the aid of modern technologies, it can become easy for schools, colleges, and universities to conduct teaching and assessment processes in a virtual environment. This facilitates educational institutions to navigate through strict lockdowns and conduct classes and examinations without any hassles.
Educational ERP solutions are the most preferred tool that can promote a seamless teaching-learning experience. It is a robust software that can help educational institutions adapt to the virtual environment without difficulties by managing registration, fee management, online classes, and examinations.
There is no better tool than a specialized school management ERP to facilitate educational continuity and keep a tab on learner progress. In addition, an online examination system empowers teachers to provide accurate feedback and enhance teaching methodologies to ensure maximum learner engagement. So, let’s dive deeper to learn more about online examinations and why investing in the best online exam system is the need of the hour!
What Is Meant By An Online Examination System?
In simple terms, an online examination system is software that automates examination-related tasks to save time and increase efficiency. This includes routine online assessment activities such as designing the assessment pattern, creating test objectives, managing exam administration, and streamlining the evaluation process.
The primary purpose of an online exam system is to provide end-to-end assistance to users to enable them to conduct examinations smoothly. In addition, this helps teachers and instructors to check the progress of virtual learners and provide personalized attention if required.
How Can An Online Examination System Help You Increase Operational Efficiency?
The current online examination system has ushered in a new revolution and changed the way tests are administered in the global education sector. Read on to learn more about the benefits of the online exam system and understand its impact on educational objectives:
Conduct Of Pre-and-Post Examination Processes
Investing in the best examination system is an intelligent decision for all types of educational institutions. It can aid teachers in a wide range of pre- and post-examination activities that consume a vast amount of time and energy.
Setting question papers is a breeze with automated online examination software. It supports the online education model and enables teachers to create and upload e-content for students that can be accessed by them anytime and anywhere. This is a smart way to boost learner morale, enhance flexibility, and help students prepare for examinations at their own pace.
It is challenging for teachers, professors and faculty members to manage an array of examination-related processes such as completing subject syllabus, marking attendance, and setting objective exam papers. online exam system is a business asset that has a user-friendly interface that can enhance workflows, save precious resources, and drive efficiency in administrative processes.
Cloud-Based Platform That Facilitates Remote Operations and 24*7 Accessibility
School ERP software is a robust cloud-driven platform that provides access to real-time data anytime and anywhere. This enables teachers and educational administrators to conduct remote examinations without any major logistic hassles. It eliminates the need for:
- Students to visit the examination premises as they can take exams from any geographical location – all that is required is a stable Internet connection.
- Need to print examination hall tickets or carry stationery materials.
- Write examination papers the traditional way with pen-and-paper as the entire process becomes digital in nature
Undoubtedly, the most significant advantage of school management software is that it facilitates remote examination administration. This means the exam can be conducted in auto-surveillance mode where the system web camera will take automated screenshots and act as a supervisor. In addition, students can also take human-proctored examinations to ensure a fair and objective assessment process.
Stringent Security and Confidentiality Measures
If there is one aspect that cannot be compromised in an online examination system, it is the security protocol. It is imperative to invest in the best online exam system that implements stringent security measures to ensure any kind of misuse of sensitive student information.
Modern online examination software has layered user ID access controls and password management systems to ensure secure online tests. Another great feature that tightens security is randomized questionnaires that reduce the scope of exam malpractices or cheating. If the system detects any hint of fraudulent activity, administrators can alert students and even postpone or cancel their online examinations.
With an automated online exam management software, you can be certain to protect the privacy of your student base. A high level of security and confidentiality instill a sense of confidence in the online education system and bolster the spirits of the student community!
High-Quality Student Learning Outcomes
Technology is a game-changer in the online education industry! Virtual education serves as an alternative method to ensure an error-free, qualitative, and structured teaching-learning experience.
Educational organizations can accrue multiple benefits by shifting to online examination system as it positively impacts student learning outcomes. Some key aspects include:
- Question Paper Generation: online examination system is a versatile tool that makes it easy for teachers to set multiple patterns of questionnaires without investing too much time or effort. There are many pre-designed templates available that enable instructors to set multiple-choice questions (MCQ) or subjective exam papers. It eliminates several logistical tasks that include selecting questions manually, designing the test paper, printing and distributing the questionnaire.
- Upload and Manage E-Content: Most global educational institutions have transitioned to providing students with electronic study material. online exam system enables teachers to upload e-content subject and chapter-wise to provide students with a flexible learning environment. This gives access to students located in remote geographic locations and opens the doors to a transparent and equitable policy where learners from different economic strata can avail quality digital education.
- Track Student Progress: With an online examination system, it becomes easy for teachers to track the periodic progress of students and evaluate their performance. There is no need to conduct annual examinations – teachers can conduct regular online quizzes, vivas, and tests to provide real-time feedback to students and develop a personalized teaching approach.
- Auto-Evaluation of Examinations: One of the biggest advantages of online examination system is that teachers do not have to spend hours correcting papers – auto-grading makes life simpler! It is a flawless mechanism that reduces manual errors as the system automatically grades papers once they are completed and submitted by learners. online exam system compares the student answer with the submitted model answer to make corrections and award marks, thus automating the grading process to drive efficiency.
- Remote Supervision: The advent of technology is blurring the lines between real-life and virtual environments. online examination system is a perfect example where artificial intelligence techniques can be used to monitor students while they give online tests. Modern exam management platforms can detect any student movement and keep a tab on the applications running on their device to prevent any malpractice or unauthorized activity. This facilitates a robust and secure online examination process without requiring physical invigilators to expend time and effort.
- Environment-Friendly: The traditional paper-based examination method has a negative environmental impact in the long run. Keeping in mind the massive amount of paper wastage, online examinations are a greener and more eco-friendly way to conduct student assessments. It also reduces the effort to print tons of question papers and physically distribute them to students in examination halls. Investing in an exam management system is an intelligent way for educational institutions to do their bit in controlling climate change and reducing the ruthless cutting down of trees for paper production.
- Result Analysis and Ranking: With online examination systems, teachers no longer have to burn the midnight oil to prepare test results and student ranking lists. These automated solutions can prepare online examination results with the click of a button and sort out results based on topic, chapter, and subject to provide in-depth analysis. Since processing results involves a copious amount of manual and administrative work, investing in the best online exam system will lead to better operational efficiency and an error-free result analysis process.
The Final Word
Nothing like online examination systems to ensure the continuity of the learning process in the post-pandemic era! This sophisticated system can help educational institutions focus on quality online teaching while automating the routine tasks of generating question papers, compiling results, and providing student feedback.
So go ahead and explore the market to find out the best online exam system for your organization. Be rest assured that it will be the best business decision to help you surge ahead of the competition and increase bottom-line results!